"Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love."
1. At Unijos the second semester has begun for undergraduates, and registration and admission of graduate students is almost completed. Please pray that the new semester will proceed smoothly so we can resume our work with our students in January.
2. Thank God with us for the splendid celebration of the wedding of Ayuba and Rachael Gufwan early in November (see photos below). Ayuba, who was disabled by polio and walks on his hands, has nevertheless managed to graduate from a Nigerian College of Education and the Faculty of Law of the University of Jos. He founded the Beautiful Gate Initiative, in partnership with Ron Rice (of IICS), and helped build and donate 1250 wheelchairs for the disabled, who were mostly crippled by polio. Rachael is a home economics teacher from Adawama State. Please join us in congratulating Ayuba and Rachael as they begin their life together, and pray God’s richest blessings on this marriage.
3. We left Nigeria for a short break in early November, and hope to be in Canada until mid-January. Thank God with us for safe travel as we made the transition to North America, and as Adrian traveled to Nicaragua to participate in an international conference of the International Association for the Promotion of Christian Higher Education (photos of conference below).
4. A few days ago we heard of another robbery attack in our subdivision in Jos. Mary McCain was alone last Wednesday when bandits with guns demanded money, and got away with many dollars intended for various ministries in the Jos area. We are so thankful that she herself was not hurt. Wendy’s graduate student, Dauda Gava, on faculty at TCNN, was also attacked and robbed. Such attacks occur more frequently at Christmas time than at any other time of the year, so please pray for the safety of our colleagues and students in Jos at this time.
5. We ask continued prayer for Adrian’s parents, especially his father, who is facing serious health problems at this time. Pray with us that they may find the right institution for the level of care needed at present.